Waiting for your ship to come in?
Duluth is a place that refreshes you. It quenches the thirst you've had to be somewhere and do something. It gets into you so deeply, you never really leave. That's the magic of Lake Superior, the world's largest freshwater lake.
Now, you can win an all-expenses-paid trip to the famed port city by entering the First Ship Contest. Just make the best prediction of when the first ocean-going vessel of the 2013 shipping season will pass under the Aerial Lift Bridge into Duluth, and your ship will come in, both literally and figuratively.
The first ocean going ship of the 2013 shipping season, the Federal Hunter, passed under the Aerial Lift Bridge at 12.53.18 a.m. on Saturday, March 30, 2013.
Congratulations to Rachel of Breckenridge, MN for guessing
the closest time to the actual arrival!
The prize package includes luxurious accommodations, delicious meals, and tickets to area attractions in Minnesota's beautiful city by the big lake.
REGISTERRegistration is now closed
- The contest is free and open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
- All entries must be received or postmark by Monday, March 25th, 2013, with only one contest entry allowed per person.
- The official time will be the actual second the hull of the ocean-going vessel goes under the Aerial Lift Bridge, as timed by the Aerial Lift Bridge officials.
- All ties will be broken by a random drawing.
- The First Ship Contest is open to everyone except the employees and family members of the contest sponsors: Visit Duluth, the Duluth Seaway Port Authority, their advertising agencies or organizations dealing with the Duluth/Superior Harbor.
- All entries become the property of Visit Duluth and may be used for publicity and promotional purposes.
- You may enter at visitduluth.com or by using the official entry form or by putting your name, address, phone, age and exact guess (date, hour, minute, second, a.m./p.m.) on a 3" x 5" card and mailing it to:
FIRST SHIP CONTEST
21 West Superior Street, Suite 100
Duluth, MN 55802