Need a hint? The earliest arrival of a saltie on record was the Federal Hunter on March 30, 2013; while the ice-delayed arrival of the Diana on May 7, 2014, went into the history books as the latest. Only one contest entry allowed per person.
* Indicates a required field.
1. The contest is free and open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
2. All entries must be received or postmarked by Sunday, March 25, 2018, with only one contest entry allowed per person. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
3. The official time will be the actual second the hull of the ocean-going vessel goes under the Aerial Lift Bridge, as timed by the Aerial Lift Bridge officials.
4. All ties will be broken by a random drawing.
5. The First Ship Contest is open to everyone except the employees and family members of the contest sponsors: Visit Duluth, the Duluth Seaway Port Authority, their advertising agencies or organizations dealing with the Duluth/Superior Harbor.
6. All entries become the property of Visit Duluth and may be used for publicity and promotional purposes.
7. You may enter online or by putting your name, address, phone, age and exact guess (date, hour, minute, second, a.m./p.m.) on a 3" x 5" card and mailing it to:
FIRST SHIP CONTEST
225 W. Superior St., Suite 110,
Duluth, MN 55802
225 W. Superior St., Suite 110, Duluth, MN 55802
1-800-438-5884 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud members of: