Traveling to Duluth via I-35
- I-35 in the project area will open to four lanes, Friday, Nov. 4 at 1 p.m. and will remain open throughout the weekend
- On Monday, November 7, between Pine City and Hinckley, motorists will encounter temporary lane and shoulder closures until the project is completed.
- Two lanes are open for southbound traffic from Hwy 23 to County Road 11.
- Motorists may also encounter weekday lane closures on the southbound lanes.
- All ramps are open.
- Motorists should expect delays. Check 511mn.org for the lates traffic conditions, take alternate routes or travel during off-peak times to avoid delay.
I-35 Lake Avenue bridge inspection scheduled in DuluthMotorists will encounter a bridge inspection project in Duluth. The Lake Avenue Bridge over I-35 will be inspected beginning Monday, Nov. 14. The work will continue Monday through Friday, Nov. 18 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Motorists traveling north or south on I-35 will encounter alternating lane closures during this project.
This project may be completed earlier than expected or later than expected due to weather conditions.
To learn more about funding Minnesota’s transportation system visit Get Connected at www.dot.state.mn.us/getconnected
*Get up-to-date Minnesota traffic and construction information at www.511mn.org or download the app, "Minnesota 511."